Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, July 20, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 16 - Veiling

Dear Reader,

Some my be a bit curious about Loki's thoughts on my veiling practices. While there is an established practice of covering to signify that you are a godspouse in many communities, Loki doesn't ask that of me. He recognizes that my choice to veil is an expression of my devotion to Dea and my role as a priestess of hers. He sometimes makes silly, playful comments about the style that I choose for a given day. But aside from the playful teasing, Loki finds it to be a non-issue. 

Well, that's not entirely accurate. When I have days that I forget to veil, he reminds me. He sees it as important and when I am wearing my "good" veil for ritual, he is solemn and witnesses the ritual. He encourages me to wear it when I am feeling overwhelmed and my psychic energy is gone off loopy because of stress. He encourages me to explore styles and try out new things. He also is as much of a jackdaw as I am and absolutely delights when I find something particularly eye catching and sparkly.

I asked him at one point if he wanted me to veil for him as well. Loki chuckled and said, "I don't think She would approve of that."


Photo from Pexels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment