Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, July 10, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 8 - Not a priestess?

Dear Reader,

Some people conflate spirit workers with spiritual advisors. And the same mistake may be made in conflating godspousery with priesthood. Some godspouses are priests of their spouse. Others are not. I am not a priestess of Loki. I would be more likely to be described as a nun. A person who has take an oath that bonds them to their deity of choice.

Beloved will joke about Loki being my "employer" (which leads to Loki joking about how I'm his hot secretary) but I don't work for Loki. If Loki asks me to do things I may if I am inclined. Generally, Loki asks of me things like I should do proper self care and such. He gets grumpy when I am not taking care of myself (which I tend to do when I get depressed and then he will let me know in no uncertain terms how he feels about it).

Loki is my spiritual lover. Loki is my dearest spiritual friend when it comes to deities because he's been there the longest. And Loki is one of my biggest supporters. He's not my boss.

That's Déa. Who's also spiritually a mother figure at the same time as boss. When Déa says jump, I don't get cute and ask how high, I just go with it. Not because Déa is going to punish me for not jumping but because it is my job to jump when she says it. If I don't do my job, I don't keep my job. And that's something that Loki (and others) don't want to see happen. So, they get out of the way and do what they can to help when Déa makes herself known.

No comments:

Post a Comment