Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 2 - Why Loki?

Dear Reader,

People with even a passing familiarity with Loki have asked me why I am devoted to him? It's a very simple answer, Loki's stuck by me through everything. I had a rough childhood and Loki was there pointing out the clever ways I could get myself out of the way and out of mind from the people who were intent on forcing me into being someone I was not. Loki helped me stay true to myself, even when I got all mixed up and wandered off into other random directions away from him. Loki stuck around and waited.

When I got to a point where my spiritual life was more settled, Loki made himself known more often. He has been my luck bringer for a long time. From the time that I was first aware of his presence to recent history, Loki has been an inspiration to grow, adapt, and change to my circumstances. Loki helped me in times of crisis even though the solutions he provided were not as gentle as some would have preferred. 

He is also a protector of my family. Where others have strange and unpleasant things happen, we generally have strange and beneficial (albeit confusing) things happen. He has brought us a great deal of happiness in all to weirdness that surrounds our home. And he has driven away problems before they could really manifest as a difficulty for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment