Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 3 - UPG: He LOVES children.

Dear Reader,

It is my experience that Flame-Hair loves children. And, let's be honest, the little chaos engines are cute. He is actively involved in the lives of his children in the common gnosis of modern Lokeans. He is an affectionate father and, again, as per common gnosis of modern worshipers, he does his best to be an active presence in their lives. Some have argued on the basis of this gnosis that Loki, not Odin, would be the god of fatherhood (or motherhood in some cases, parenting in general?).

When I am at wits end and I am asking deity for help with my boys, Loki is one of the first I call out to. His solutions to problems are unconventional, inventive, and often work just right with my boisterous kids. Déa has solutions as well, and they do work, but Loki's perspective seems to fit better with my kids. (If a deity were to be described as having ADHD, I'd put my money on it being Loki.)

No comments:

Post a Comment