Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, July 23, 2021

Recommendations: Pens

Dear Reader,

If you are doing a lot of hand written work, you are going to be on the hunt for good pens and pencils. I've already mentioned the Ink Joy pens that I find really useful in my bullet journal and day planner. Today, I wanted to recommend a good felt tipped pen. The Papermate Flair pens have really great color saturation and typically don't bleed through your paper stock. Even if it's the flimsy super cheap stuff that they use for the cheapest composition books on the planet. (Not that I have any experience with that one. ;) )

I tried out the Tombow pens and found them somewhat lacking. They are ok but way over priced when you can get the same results for the Tombow hard tipped pen out of the Papermate Flair pens with more colors for the price of two Tombow pens. I have found that the Papermate Flair pens are really good for artistic work if you like to doodle in your book of shadows or your notebooks. They last pretty long. The set that I have I picked up about two years ago and they're not showing any signs of slowing down. (The Ink Joy pens are finally showing their age after two and a half years of serious use.)

I'll be discussing brush pens and calligraphy pens in another post because I have opinions on those. I'm a bit picky about them. But, Papermate Flair are a really economical way to add more color to your writing and get the unique visual signature style of a felt tipped pen. I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment