Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Vintage Veiling: Lacy Fascinator

Dear Reader,

I'm attempting this pattern again. My last attempts are documented somewhere in the posts from the last year. I tried recreating it using sport weight yarn. I got something that was better suited to be a shawl (which I eventually did turn into a shawl but that's a different story). This time, I'm going to go with a finer weight yarn to see if I can get this 'lace' effect that I'm supposed to. No amount of blocking opened up the 'lace' for this thing. So, I'm going down a notch or two on the yarn weight and I'm going to try it again with size 2 sport weight yarn instead of size 4.

I'll post my notes and a picture of the finished result when I get it done.The picture to the right is what it was supposed to look like. The picture below is how my final result came out in my last attempt.

No amount of blocking opened it up. I didn't put the tassels on because I was running low on yarn. This time, I have a whole heap of yarn and I expect I'll have some left over to possibly make another project when I get done with this. (I won some lovely peach colored sport weight size 2 yarn at spinning guild's silent auction last year. I now finally know what I'm going to do with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment