Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Chaos Magic vs Rules.

Dear Reader,

In my recent post on Egregores vs Servitors, I mentioned that chaos magicians work within a set of rules. It sounds contrary to the very concept of chaos magic. Not all chaos magicians work within a set of rules that most would recognize. I'm one of the more 'in the wind' chaos magicians. I may structure things according to Wiccan ritual format, if I'm in the mood or organized enough to do so. More typically, my spells are about as chaotic in format as they are in manifestation. Let me repeat that for you, my spells are pretty chaotic in format and they are pretty chaotic in manifestation. I don't narrow my spell manifestations down to a single incident that I desire. I set the parameters to a specific window of manifestation opening the options for the solution to the problem I am dealing with to evolve and develop on its own with a healthy nudge from myself.

I've posted previously that there are some rules about how to go about cursing someone. (Let's use cursing as an example because it's Spooky Season.) At the same time, cursing can be as easy as making a vulgar gesture and throwing some energy emphasis behind it. I have been known to use high ritual to cast a curse, complete with a blood sacrifice. That is less common than my flick a stone in the general direction of the person and send some negativity after it. And the flicking a stone after my target is even less common than my summoning my anger and trauma to send the misery after the target.

I don't curse people often. But I tend to use tactics that are on the fly and less than conventional. Chaotes sometimes look at me a bit weird for how I do things.Not many people weaponize their own trauma and terrible experiences as part of their magical practices. The rule that stands out in chaos magic is the same one that stands out in standard magic, what you send out is going to come back to you some how. Basic cause and effect, there's going to be a push back when you throw something at a target. Physics still functions even when you are going into the spiritual realms, it just functions in a cockeyed and weird way.

No comments:

Post a Comment