Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Will You Love Me Like This?

Dear Reader,

This is a bit of a departure from my usual content for Tuesdays. I'll be posting something more typical later on. I felt it was important to share the contents of a dream I had in August. It's been haunting me as all the signs of Autumn hit hard and fast in my region.

I was dreaming that I was in a forest in late Autumn. I heard a noise behind me and I turned around. There before me stood Freyr in the guise of the Greenman. As I looked at him, I watched his guise wither and decay. The fruit and flowers in his visage waned and decayed. With eyes solemn and vaguely sorrowful, he said, "Can you love me like this?"

I answered, "Of course. I will always love you."

He then held up a mirror. Light flashed off it and I woke.

I have tumbled this dream over and over in my thoughts. I think about it and believe the message is that I should love myself in all states. If my sense of well being is poor, I should still treat myself with love and compassion. If I am depressed, I should still treat myself with love and compassion. I'm not here just for the summer and spring time. I'm here for all the seasons with Freyr. And I know he is here for me in all the seasons of my life. I need to show up and be here for all the seasons in my life for myself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment