Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, November 17, 2023

A prayer for peace

Dear Reader,

I am calling out to an unusual quartet of janyati in this prayer.  I call to Sai Sushuri in her role as the harbinger of Déa's love and peace. I call to Sai Thamë in her role as adjudicatrix of that which is in accord with celestial harmony and peace bearer through celestial harmony. I call to Sai Rhavë as the psychopomp and companion of the dead as they journey to their place of rest and healing (not necessarily Avala, for there are many such places). And, finally, I call to Sai Kala to bring a good, clean death to those who must die. 

Dear Sai Sushuri, gentle dove of peace, I call to you.
Holy Harbinger of Our Lady's peace, I beg that you come into the war torn places of this world. Lead them away from the evils of war and to the sweetness of peace and mutual respect.

Dear Sai Thamë, wise songbird of harmony, I call to you.
Holy Peace-Bearer of the Celestial harmony, I beg that you come into the war torn places of tis world. Lead them away from the chaos of war and to the peace of concord and good will.

Dear Sai Rhave, steadfast pelican of necessity, I call to you.
Holy Psychopomp and companion of the soul on their journey to the next world, I beg that you will bear the lost and mournful dead of these war zones to a place of comfort and rest before their next turn upon the Wheel.

Dear Sai Kala, mighty raven of death, I call to you.
Holy One who severs the life thread of this mortal coil, grant, I beg, they who are doomed to die a clean death that does not scar their soul with grief of fear. 

For Love's sake, thus may it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment