Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, November 3, 2023

Such a heavy text!

 Dear Reader,

I am on my third read through the entire Opera Omina of the Madrian Order. The text is so densely packed. It makes me think of the two volume set of the Norton Anthology of English. I think they might be comparable in size.

My youngest son picked up the book to move it and said, "Mom, you need to read lighter books."

On this read through, I am taking notes and, dare I say it, making notations in the books as well. I want to give a through analysis of each essay and bit that went into these two tomes. I am thankful that the type font is easy to read. I am grateful for all the work Race put into the layout to make it flow well and be easy on the eyes. That said, holy cow are these big books.

I fear if I dropped them on my foot at the same time, I'd lose a toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment