Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Progress Report: New Revisions of Books & Why Prices Climbed Upward.

 Dear Reader,

The work on new revisions to my books is stalled. Part of this is because I had pneumonia for two months, then a month of arm problems (bursitis is uncomfortable, y'all.), followed by the crafting season hit me like a freight train. Once I get past Yule, I will resume working on revisions to my books.

If you go to Amazon, you may find that some of my books are missing and the prices on those that are not have gone up by approximately $5.00. This is not to garner more profit off of these books. It is because Amazon's publishing side (Kindle Direct Publishing or KDP) has raised rates due to their publishing house raising rates citing workforce issues and supply problems. The books that are missing were deemed by the algorithm unfit for what KDP wanted to offer to customers. To say the least I am mightily vexed.

The next revisions are going to be published through a different indie publisher. I have heard that Lulu is under new management and have resolved many of the issues that caused me to step away. I am investigating this. If I can go back to Lulu and resume publishing through them, I will. If I have to go another route for publishing, I'll inform you with another update on this project.

A Year with Déa is going to go through a major overhaul. I wanted to warn you of this because the second version will be discussing things like Covid and world crises. The world has changed from when the first version came out and I'd like to update it so that it is still useful to readers in the chaos of today. Another book going through major revisions is going to be the Clear Recital: Children of Déa Version. There has been requests for changes in formatting and such. I'm going to do my best to accommodate all of them. The team that I worked with on the first revision of the Clear Recital: CDV has all become involved with their own projects. I'm still deeply thankful for their help and I'm hoping that the revisions will clarify our work rather than muddy the waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment