Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 19 - Nothing's Perfect, Everything's Broken

Dear Reader,

The subject line of this post is something that Loki told me when I was fretting over being good enough. He said to me, "Here in Midgard, nothing's perfect, everything's broken somehow. That doesn't make it less wonderful." I struggle to keep that in mind. When I get caught up in a negative cycle of thoughts (usually triggered by some manner of past emotional trauma), I work very hard to remember that fact. 

One day, I was having a particularly bad case of body dysphoria (yes, even cis-gender people can have body dysphoria), Loki sat me down and said, "Are my scars ugly?" I just blinked at him in confusion. I couldn't really conceive of him with out those scars. They were as natural to him as his red hair in my eyes. I just sat there in confusion and he asked me again, "Are my scars ugly?"

I answered that they weren't, they were a part of him and a part of his story to tell.

He told me to remember that every time I looked at my own scars, physical and emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment