Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

July for Loki: Post No. 25 - Godspousery Edition II

Dear Reader,

Sometimes, things get weird. Relationships are weird. You pick one being at random and decide that you like them and then they decide that they like you and poof you're friends or something. Whole cohorts of people that arise from random situations forcing them together forged into a series of life long friendships are just weird. I mean, it didn't have to be those people. It could have been others. You could have all hated each other. It could have be any of a thousand possibilities but that one situation had this one result. That looking back just seems logical. Backwards logic is bullshit.

That's something that Loki taught me and regularly reminds me to keep in mind. Happenstance does a lot of shit. We can look back and trace a path through it and say "This is how it works" but it just shows one of many different paths that take you to the same position in the present.

I've been applying a lot of backwards logic of late and Loki's been calling me out on it. He has really been pushing me to stop and look at family dynamics. I've a lot  of trauma that I've been processing. It's exhausting. And yet, Loki stops me from saying "Well, that's just how it works." He reminds me that what I'm doing with my kids is 1000000x different from what my parents did with my brothers and I.

It was really hard yesterday when I got triggered by a video I saw. I had a few hours where my brain wasn't processing information correctly because of the ptsd crap. Loki walked me out of that mental fog by helping me not do backwards logic and apply the conclusions that came out of backwards logic to the present. Because backwards logic in that flashback moment was telling me that I was helpless, a failure, and in danger. He helped me recognize that I wasn't helpless. He helped me remember the ways that I am successful. And he reassured me that I wasn't in danger. It was a pretty big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment