Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Blessed Exaultation & Beltaine.

The first of May marks two holy days. In the general pagan community here in the US, Beltaine is observed. It is said that Beltaine marked the beginning of summer in the ancient Celtic calendar. It is one of the high holy days of Wicca, considered to be the day that the Goddess is wed to the God. (Consummation of that holy union is celebrated at Litha, also known as mid-summer.)

This is also a very holy day within the Filianic and Déanic communities where the Daughter aspect of Dea is crowned as Queen of Heaven. Many of the observances of this holy day are directly related to the Catholic Christian celebration of Mary as Queen of Heaven. Flowers play a very large part of this celebration. Floral crowns are placed upon icons of the Daughter as homage to her role as Queen of Heaven.

My day was quite summer-like weather wise, though it was rather odd to not have the trees in full leaf. I prayed the rosary this morning and then spent my morning making prayer bead sets. Pictures of them will be coming tomorrow and they will be available for purchase through private arrangement.

I have two prayer bead sets that I am keeping for myself. One is a three decade chaplet with a knock off Marian medal on it. The other is a five decade rosary with a pentacle as the terminal. This replaces the smaller one that I made using stones. It will match the fifteen decade rosary that I plan on restringing tomorrow. (I put the cord for that one in a safe place and I haven't found it yet. That rosary is in fragile condition right now.)

My focus when I'm praying the rosary right now is for the healing of the world's ills. I try to pray it at least once a week (usually on Mondays). I invite you to join me for the time between today and the next holy day of the Filianic calendar (Florimaia, May 25th, the feast of flowers) to pray the rosary, if you are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment