Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Pictures!

I am pretty sure it's been a while since I shared a picture of the altar space. It is in a north facing window. An entirely intentional thing but fits with how I was trained in Wicca. The Northern quarter is the one associated with wisdom and mystery.

I organized it according to how I was trained as well with the figures depicting masculine oriented deities on the left and the feminine oriented deities on the right. Moving from left to right there is a stag figurine for Freyr, a framed prayer card for Mani, a peg doll figure for Freyr, a statuette of Buddha, and a peg doll figure for Loki.

At the center is a cutting of white inch plant. Note it is growing towards the left where the icons for Freyr are located. To the immediate left of the plant is a rough hewen slab of rose quartz. In the foreground is a silver plated copper pentacle. On the immediate right of the plant is a rose quartz sphere.

On the goddess side, there is a peg doll icon of Freyja, a Quan Yin statuette, a tiny statuette for the Disir, a female jester statuette for Femme!Loki, a statuette of St. Anne and Mary (which represents Marya and Anna) and a statuette of Mary with a chaplet style rosary. The tiny medallion is very similar to the iconography of the miraculous medal.

I have boxes on there that hold offerings, prayer bead sets I use, and magical tools. I also have a bag with a set of prayer beads that my aunt made me on the goddess side of the altar. On the god side of the altar I have a bag with my personal fetishes for magical use (not the kinky type, this is a mostly kid friendly altar). There is also a huge chunk of rose quartz that I have and my eldest child's shrine-jar for Zeus. His clay monster offering to the gods sits on the goddess side, right where he placed it so carefully a few months ago.


Above, you have a better picture of the prayer bead sets I have made. The freshwater pearl and glass goddess rosary with a star terminal and blue beads between each decade is available. The copper and recycled plastic Anglican style prayer bead set with the Marian medal and flower terminal is available. The 5 decade catholic plastic beaded rosary set is a gift for family. The medal on the opposite end of the Crucifix is a depiction of the sacred heart of Jesus.

The amber resin beaded prayer set with the star is available. The synthetic pearl and glass bead prayer set is available.

The stone bead, with metal beads between the decades and one decade of synthetic pearl has an interesting history. It was fashioned based off of the Filianic calendar and holy mythic cycle. The first grouping of dark red agate is for the primordial time of creation. The first grouping of the black agate is for the first night or the descent of the Daughter into creation. It depends on the season. The synthetic pearl beads are for the Daughter. The second grouping of black agate is for Deam Mysterium. The final grouping of dark red agate is for the Mother. This rosary set has been loving used for regular prayer over the last three years. It is time for it to move on to a new home. It is available.

The knotted rosary with a literal rose terminal is available. I don't even know how this one came into my possession. The three decade set of amber resin beads with copper beads between the decades is available. The hematite five decade rosary with steel beads between the decades and a steel pentacle is not available. It matches the fifteen decade rosary that I have from the same beads with rose quarts between the decades and a goddess figure for the terminal. That one is not pictured because it needs repaired. The pink three decade rosary with the faux Marian medal is not available.

If you are interested in one of the rosaries or prayer bead sets, contact me.We can discuss payment and shipping. If you would like me to make you a rosary, I will be happy to for the cost of materials, fees, and a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment