Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Godspousery Notes: Focus on what you want.

I have been having a tough week. It was particularly hard on Wednesday for various reasons. As I was reflecting on how challenging the week was, I felt somewhat chagrined by how much I was struggling with envy. Then Mr. Silver Tongue said to me, "If you're not happy with being envious, change your focus." I was a little befuddled by this. In my defense, I was overly hot and tired so my brain wasn't at peak processing power.

"Focus on what you want," Loki explained, "Focus on where you want to go in life. You'll figure out how to get there. But instead of looking at other people and wishing you had what they do, view it as being shown possible options for future goals. What your find yourself envying, reframe it as you desire to cultivate it in your life. Focus on what you want. Focus on that instead of what you don't have."

I felt like a complete numbskull for forgetting this simple thing. Loki noticed this and patted me on the hand. He then said, "Go drink some water. It'll make your brain work better." Little reminders like that are helpful when I'm juggling a bunch of things and forgetting stuff. And, wonderfully enough, drinking some water did help me think better and get more stuff done.

Lessons learned: don't envy but see it as acquiring new goals, stay hydrated to think clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment