Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Divination: Scrying in Water.

While there is this 'traditional' image of the witch using a crystal ball to see visions of hidden things and the future (also known as scrying), it is far more likely that the people of the past used water in a bowl. Crystal balls were very expensive and for a long period of time glass orbs were almost as expensive. You were more likely to find a bowl or a cup that was used.

The technique used for scrying in water varies somewhat wildly because almost every person performing divination has their own method. The one that works for me is looking between the surface of the water and the base of the container. That is where I find the images forming. Other people will find the images forming above the surface.

A dark colored bowl works best for me. It functions like a black mirror (which I'll discuss next week). I find the dark colored lower surface works better for me to see the images within the water. For me, they show up like shadows beneath the water except they're colored like fog, usually. On occasion, I will get vivid full color images. Those happen pretty rarely, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment