Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wednesday Ramblings.

Dear Reader,

I am in the process of finishing up projects right now. It is NaNoWriMo. This year, instead of starting a new project and trying to hit 50k words by the end of the month, my goal is to finish up books I have already started. I just finished the first draft of the rosary book (title is yet to be determined, but there have been some great suggestions). Also, I am working on a handbook for psychics. That's been a project in the works for about three years. I am about 10k words from finishing it. I hope to have that done within the next week.

I paused in writing poems and prayers for the updated version of Rose Petals to work on this stuff. If I can hit my goals before the thanksgiving break, I'll get back to that project. In the works on that one is a wider range of prayers, better organization of the prayers, and hopefully some songs that can be sung. I don't know how to write music, but I can sing to some extent. So, if I get to where I am writing songs, you will find I'm posting some youtube videos with my singing the lyrics I have written.

I'm going to try to base at least some of my lyrics on English, Irish, and American folk tunes. If I do accomplish that, I will note what folk song they are set to to make it easier to sing them. I got the idea from a Presbyterian Christian hymnal that had songs written based on other hymns in the book and at least one based on a folk song.

No comments:

Post a Comment