Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Godspousery Notes: Why aren't you writing?


I had opportunities to write and blog over the last several days. Sure, it was five minutes here and five minutes there, but it was time. I, however, avoided it because I was anxious. Then, last night as I was staring at the computer consumed with the feeling that I was a complete fraud and everyone was going to realize I had no idea what I was doing, Loki popped up.

Now, this is typically Freyr's season. So, Loki showing up was a surprise. He just looked at me and said, "Why aren't you writing?"

I answered, "I don't feel like I'm good enough."

He retorted with "Why aren't you writing?"

We went back and forth for around a minute with my listing off my anxieties. Then he said to me, "You know, all of that is why you edit. You should be writing." And then he was off and away to go do something somewhere else. And I started writing. I still don't feel happy about what I'm writing, but he was correct in saying all of the problems I was worrying about are ones that get resolved in the editing process.

3 comments:

  1. I write fanfiction as a form of therapy and to explore issues and theories. If problems arise, even if it's my own anxiety or depression, I write fanfiction. Get it out of me. Reread, edit, or delete. Get it out, even if it's rubbish. I know that I'm a crap writer, but I gotta get these words out. Writing heals me; sometimes it helps others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lady Brythwen, I'm hoping you can clear something up for me! I'm currently reading your wonderful A Year With Déa and notice that you quote 'Sayings' in two places that are not from the Filianic Scriptures. I've shared them with others in the Ekklesia and they don't recognise them either. Could you please share where these sayings are from? Or share the complete text? I'm referring to the following quotes:

    "All who believe are kin" - Sayings verse 1

    "My love is poured out on the earth like libations and blessings poured out on the earth. I ask nothing in sacrifice for all life is my child, but that you love each other." - Sayings verse 5.

    Thank you so much for all your work! Blessings of Marya, Anna, and Absolute Déa upon you.

    Blessed is She.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please look to my most recent post for an answer to this question.

      Delete