Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Life update.

Dear Reader,

I feel as though I have done wrong by you with my silence of late. While I am striving to work on another manuscript and I am still quite busy with the business of being a stay-at-home-mom, the main reason for my silence has been the fact that I have been struggling for the last several months with seasonal depression and a depressive episode at the same time. Once in a while, my bipolar and my S.A.D. synch up to make things difficult. This happens to be one of those times.

I want to write but my misfiring brain chemistry has me convinced at some level that I am an utter fraud and that my writings are nothing but vanity. It has been very bleak for me. On top of this, I am still trying to come to grips with the passing of my paternal grandparents in the last few years, the loss of a great-aunt, and the severe illness of a great-uncle. And all of the familial complications that have come with these things.

Easter was a big celebration for my family when I was younger. The celebration of familial bonds and the exuberance of spring was a big part of the happier of my formative memories. Life has changed and now the holidays that were times where we celebrated our family are just days on the calendar. I am struggling right now with this as much as I am with the neurochemistry being out of sorts.

Some one once told me that no one wanted to hear about my troubles or bad news. I was convinced for a long time that I had to be stoic about such things. I have been learning better lessons. Unfortunately, I am dealing with a lot of pain on an emotional and spiritual level right now that is making it hard for me to do much beyond the basics to keep my household running.

No comments:

Post a Comment