Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Friday, April 19, 2019

An Excerpt for the Ritual Book, Vol. 1 - Filianic Rituals and Rites

Dear Reader,

While my training and education as a priestess is from a Wiccan and neo-pagan position, I did a great deal of research into Christian and Catholic Christian devotionals in the process of writing this book. The profession of devotion to Dea that is given in this volume of the Ritual Book is actually an adaptation of a profession of life long devotion to Mary. The version presented in the book is designed to be facilitated by clergy but it does not require clergy to be effective.

For a solitary vow of perpetual devotion, the following may be recited before one's shrine. Prior to making the recitation, it would be advised to have some manner of garment or jewelry that would be worn as an outward sign of the vow to serve as a visual reminder of one's vow and special bond with Dea. Head covering is a common outward sign of devotion but in cases where that is not possible, a special article of jewelry such as a necklace, bracelet, or ring.

The vow:

My Queen and my Mother,
I give myself entirely to you.
And to show my devotion to you,
I consecrate to you this day my heart,
my spirit, and my whole being without reserve.
Therefore, good Mother,
As I am entirely your own,
keep me, guard me, as your treasured child.

After making the vow, retrieve the items placed upon the shrine and put them on. Spend some time in contemplation of the vow and your special relationship with Dea.

No comments:

Post a Comment