Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Godspousery Notes: Have a cookie!

Dear Reader,

Life has been really stressful and challenging of late. I was venting about this elsewhere when I was told by Loki that I should have a cookie and a cup of tea, just a bit of a treat to relax. Being in a mixed episode, I was half ready to start and argument about how a cookie was the last thing I needed because my blood sugar has been high due to all of this stress. Then I stopped and thought about it for a minute. I really hadn't had a chance to sit and relax for at least a week. So, I had a small cookie (no frosting at all for me) and a cup of tea.

Sure enough, I felt a bit better after that. I still found myself spoiling for an argument, but I wasn't quite ready to sharpen my proverbial claws for that argument yet. As I was meditating and doing my best to ground myself a bit later, Loki showed up again. He just sat with me and reminded me to concentrate on my breathing as my kids rather loudly debated as to if I was asleep or meditating right in front of me.

He's been around in the odd moments when the little things that the kids do would have made me flip my lid and pointed out the humor in it so that I was laughing instead of screaming. Tomorrow is the last day of Spring Break. I think we might all survive this intact. Thanks to Loki pointing out that kids are just as funny as they are exasperating. (And at least the boys weren't saying that I was dead when I was meditating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment