Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Video Post 16: Politics


This is not a transcript. I have no transcript for this video post. I make an appeal for everyone who can to get involved in the political disaster that is unfolding in the United States right now. I am a liberal in a conservative county of WNY. I'm registered as a conservative because that is the only way I get to have any say about who is on the ballot come election time, that's how conservative my county is.

If I had the capacity to be out in the street protesting the things the government is doing under color of law that is deplorable and entirely against what I was taught meant to be an citizen of this country, I would be doing so. As it is, I've become cautious about my veiling styles because people are more inclined to slow down and give me angry looks if it isn't a bandanna or a hat. I'd go out and actively protest if I didn't have to worry about someone coming to harass me later.

My social phobia and my PTSD keep me just this side of home all the time. The current social climate is increasingly close to what I dealt with growing up and it makes me fearful for the safety of my children. The fact that the government has all but declared open season on everyone who doesn't fit their increasingly white supremecist mold is profoundly disturbing. The fact that there are concentration camps in this country is deeply distressing. Our steady march towards facism or something new and somehow worse is the stuff of my nightmares.

I fear that the republic can not stand this assault on our core beliefs. What is happening now is a direct assault on the positions stated in the documents that are fundamental to this nation's functioning and nature. Documents like the Declaration of Independence and the Consitution of the United States are but two that present administrative actions are actively working towards undermining. Not only is the administration guilty but so is the legislature for failing to uphold their duty to check the power of the executive branch of the government. Now, the parties in power are working to set up a Supreme Court that will rubber stamp decisions in their favor. This is a dangerous time for our nation.

Please, for the love of everything holy, go vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment