Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday ramblings.

Dear Reader,

Pictured is how I spent my day, working on my manuscript. The red book is where I'm writing the rosary book I'm working on. The composition book is where I have my notes. Today was a passable day for writing. I got my goal done for page count and a page beyond. I lost about half of my writing time to fixing research errors that I had made. Tomorrow, I hope to do better.

As I was reading through my list of blogs I follow, I was delighted to see this post from Cara Freyasdaughter. Her description of 'dark Freyr' is rather consistent with the face of Freyr that I see during the autumn and winter. Some years, he shows up earlier than others. My experience of this facet of Freyr is not what most people expect of Freyr. He is the hunter and the hunted. In my experience, he has his own Hunt party that goes about to chase off and take down the dangerously nasty spirits where they go. I find it telling that Freyr in his dark aspect became very persistent and present early this year (as in almost mid-July) and that there are now more reports about deer with bovine tuberculosis. (None reported in WNY at this time, but it is a thing to keep an eye on. It is unclear if this disease can be transmitted to humans. Hunters, take full safety precautions as per usual.)

This is going to be a bad year for hunting, I can feel it. Freyr's warned me that things are happening that requires the Hunt to begin soon. If it hasn't begun already, I'm not sure. Both Freyr and Loki have been telling me to focus on myself and my household. The last of the summer's heat is passing away with the ending of this heatwave, if my joints are accurate in their predictions. I was going to harvest my herbs but it is going to rain tomorrow and I just didn't get to it today. Hopefully I will get it done before the first frost hits. Again, I have a feeling that it is coming sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I am going to be working on my writing and taking that harvest of knowledge and putting it to use. Maybe this weekend I'll talk a little bit about autumnal Freyr. Spring and Summer is Loki's season with me. Autumn and Winter is Freyr's season with me. But sometimes they make their presences known at random during the other's season. It may be heretical for me to say it, but Freyr and Loki get along well and have some kind of relationship. Maybe a friendship, maybe something else that I just don't have the word for. They've more points in connection than me. I've watched them have disagreements. They don't have screaming arguments, they have very civil, very calm and very cold discussions. I've watched them also conspire together. Well, sort of watched half of it unfolding. Loki is very much the "I have a GREAT IDEA!!1!eleventyone" guy as Freyr tends towards the direction of "I have a plan."

It gets weird sometimes when that happens. Weird like last January weird. But, everything works out well in the end. I trust them implicitly. It is when I stop trusting myself that things get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment