Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

July for Loki # 13 Animal Association.

If you are in the Lokean community or know folks in it, you may have heard the PCPG* that Loki is associated with foxes. Everyone familiar with the myths of Loki is aware of his association with horses, wolves, and serpents. And by way of Freya, we have his association with birds. I have another animal that I associate with Loki. I don't know how common it is in the community but I suppose I will find out.

Squirrels are noisy, mischievous, and inquisitive animals. They are also fairly bold, cunning, and cute. I see a lot of Loki in them. North American red squirrels are not very common around my house. I usually see them at parks in the area because that is where there are more conifers. Occasionally, however, a random red
 squirrel will show up in my yard. I'm pretty sure it is because Loki wants me to pay attention to my environment at that time.

They have shown up in my dreams several times. When this first started happening I was wondering why Ratatoskr was so present in my dreams. It was when Loki clubbed me over the head with the obvious stick and the squirrel in my dreams started talking with his voice that I figured it out. Since then, red squirrels tend to make an appearance when there is some kind of change about to happen or something of a 'gift' happens. In either case, the event bears an unmistakeable (to me) mark of Loki's involvement.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
* Peer Corroborated Personal Gnosis

No comments:

Post a Comment