Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

July for Loki # 14 Homebody.

Loki is a deity that is very on the go. He is into everything and doing everything. (And I did not intend for that to sound dirty but he seemed to find this hilarious so I'm just going to go with that. Currently, I hear him laughing so I figure it can't be too bad, right?) A lot of the time, Loki seems to be in perpetual motion.

Restless and Loki are two things that just seem to go together like peas and carrots. Except for when they don't. Sometimes, Loki just wants to chill. I tend to forget that he likes downtime because he is almost always presenting as energetic and in perpetual motion. But he does slow down and I've noticed that he seems to appreciate the domestic side of life quite a bit. When ever I am baking, he shows up. If I am having a rough time dealing with some sort of household task because I'm having a bad brain day (a very technical term for when my disability decides to act up), Loki will distract me from the angst that goes with it and hang out as I am doing my work.

I didn't realize just how much he appreciated being a homebody until someone else (one of his wives, actually) called me on the carpet for insinuating that he was a perpetual motion machine. After she pointed out the error of my assertion, I had to stop an reexamine how things went on between him and I. As I looked at it, I realized that a pattern emerged that I had never noticed before. Loki actually likes domestic stuff. It isn't a thing where he tolerates it or otherwise endures it.

If I am doing gardening or puttering with my plants, he will hang around and at times note the one that I forget. (And there is always at least one plant that gets forgotten until the middle of the week, it changes every week though.) When I am cooking, he is interested in the process of developing the next week's menu, shopping, preparing, and eating it. (Some days, it really does seem like the way to his heart is through his stomach. His love of chocolate is perhaps greater than my own, which is saying something.) Even if I'm doing the most boring of tasks (laundry), Loki will visit and actually enjoys it all.

I felt like a fool when I realized that I completely missed this pattern. Loki, with his big heart and even bigger grin, told me that it was adorable to watch me realize it. At least he wasn't too annoyed, just amused with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment