Blurb

Thoughts, lessons, and theology from an eclectic witch from a varied background.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Video Message: Carpe Diem.


Hi everybody.

Today was a bit hard for me. This morning, I was helping out some with going through the belongings of my late grandparents. It really was coincidence that I wound up dressed as though I was in mourning, but it feels right. The message today is not the pleasantry I want to post every week. I apologize for that.

But I came away from going through my deceased grandmother's knitting needles (and finding an unfinished project) with the feeling that I should remind you to seize the moment. Take hold of your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you. Don't let the good things in life pass you by unappreciated. And even in a boring 'normal' day there is a lot of good things. Sometimes that cup of coffee in the morning is just what you need or the pile of dirty dishes in the sink remind you that you're fortunate to have them, food to eat, and a means to prepare it.

Take some time today and fill your heart with gratitude and the joy of being alive. Tomorrow is not promised to us and there may not be time to put off your heart's desires any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment